Friday, April 16, 2010

Heart Cathaterization

Today I got a phone call from Sick Kids with Lincoln's surgery appointment. April 29th he will be having a heart cathaterization to close his two small holes. I am nervous about the procedure even tho they do it ALL the time. I am just asking for prayers as we go through this tough time. They will be putting a tube up his groin, and thats how they dill do the surgery, so no scar will be visible, and most children get sent home the same day - but they might keep Lincoln over night just to monitor his oxygen levels due to the pressure on his lungs. Thanks for thinking of us!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle and Mike
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like Lincoln is doing just fine. I can understand your nervousness...the unknown is scary and you feel so helpless when these things happen to your children...you feel so responsible for your children and when they are so little they are so much just an extension of yourself. I will be remembering you all and especially Lincoln in our prayers. (i also have friends praying for you too)
    When the surgery is done, it will be so much easier for Lincolns heart and lungs. You might find he is a new little man after the surgery.
    God hears our prayers.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll be just fine my dear! I'll be thinking of you guys. I know it's rough but you will pull through - always do, right?

    Love you lots and lots and lots and lots,

    Sara :)

    ReplyDelete