Saturday, November 2, 2013

I LOVE celebrating difference!

As you may know, Nov. 1-7 is National Down Syndrome Awareness Week.  Something I like to do, is blog frequently all week to raise awareness about Down Syndrome; to help open eyes and educate you that, despite an extra chromosome, individuals with Down Syndrome are the same as everyone else.  I find it is important to help raise awareness to people who don't have the privilege to know someone personally who has Down Syndrome.  That these children and adults have such potential, and are so special to everyone who knows them.  As I have stated before, "God is in the process of changing lives, and a sprinkling of people with Down Syndrome is one way he uses."  I am such a positive believer in this, , because they truely warm hearts, and bring out the best in people.  

I am totally overwhelmed with all of the responses and readers I had yesterday and today on my blog.  It really helps me feel that I am doing my part to help you realize that they are a blessing, a miracle, and a true gift from God.  They may have a learning disability, and look a little different than some of their friends, but they are a walking opportunity for people to be their best.  We realized that attitude is everything, and with the right attitude, anything is possible :)

Parenting is an eye opening, life changing, - worth every minute experience, and the same goes for raising a little one with a little extra :)


I love celebrating difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment