Wednesday, October 29, 2014

all you have to do is just BE YOU.

Lincoln - at the beginning of school, waiting for the bell.  A
swarm of kids always greet him at the gate, then they get
hugs, then the run around and play.  I brings tears to my eyes
every single morning. 
We are on our last stretch of Down syndrome "acceptance" month  (i figured you're likely all well "aware" by now, so acceptance seemed appropriate.)  Throughout this month, i've given a glimpse of how our life looks with Down syndrome in it.  And if you have taken anything in, you would have noticed that its not anything compared to the stats or stereotypes out there. You probably noticed that our life is just as regular as anyone else out there. Lincoln is just as included as any other child, and we have just as much love for both of our boys as every other loving parent out there.  It was my hope, that by sharing our story, it would open your eyes, and show you that there is nothing to be afraid about when it comes to Down syndrome.  Every parent has a gift.  And its up to us how we wish to spread the joy that comes along with it.  I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for all of you fellow readers out there.  The love and support, the comments, likes, and shares - all mean so much to me.  It has been tough blogging every.single.day, but knowing you are reading it, and getting something from it makes it all worth while.  But seriously, I still can't get over Lincoln... and how much he is making a difference in so many peoples lives - just by being who he is.  He is my hero.  He is the reason for the blog, the reason maybe  (hopefully) one life was saved due to someone being scared of or not understanding exactly what Down syndrome is all about.  He is proof.  He is my daily guide to show me that it doesn't matter who you are.  People will respect you, and embrace what you have to offer, all you have to do is be YOU.  This is the most rewarding experience I never knew I wanted or that I needed.  He has taught me to celebrate all things in life that we may take for granted but just don't realize.  He exceeds many of the expectations set out there by development charts - and every day he blows my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment