Tuesday, October 21, 2014

disability? nah, i call it down right perfect

I love someone who is down right perfect.  
Websters dictionary defines "downright" as - to the fullest degree : completely or totally... and it defines "perfect" as completely flawless - which I could bet no one is. 
So you are probably wondering how can I say that Lincoln is down right perfect...  Don't get me wrong.  He has nailed the definition of downright part of perfect,  but he is not the definition of "perfect"  - even though he is my definition of perfect.  I often look into his perfectly slanted eyes, and thank God, the master planner, for him. He blesses me every day by just being who he is.  
To be quite honest with you... there are days that pass, where Down Syndrome doesn't even cross my mind.  Its our normal.  Our "perfect" little life.  5 years ago, I didn't even know what Down syndrome really was.   I had heard of it, and saw people with it, but I never had any personal connection with it.... That is, until we were blessed with Lincoln.  And thanks to Lincoln, my family and friends now have a personal connection.  A sweet face to picture, a smile that may come to mind, or a story that can help you connect.   So you may know that its a blessing.  
 Lincoln is nothing less than every other synonym for perfect.  Perfect for me, perfect for us, and perfect to show the world that Down syndrome is nothing to feel sorry about.    Simply by his presence in the world himself, makes people aware that he is nothing short of being down right perfect.  Because he just is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment