Sunday, October 12, 2014

self love

Is it any wonder that Lincoln loves his life?  The signs are so obvious, and always have been.   And I'll be honest here... if everything took me twice as much work to accomplish, i would be pretty proud of myself too.   Lincolns love for his life goes beyond the perfect reflection in the passing mirror.  It goes beyond the pride of accomplishing something that has taken him lots of practice.   Its a love for life that I wish was visible for everyone to experience.  Those who have come across Lincoln know just how much he loves.  He has a high self esteem - and that is enough for him to feel pride in what he does everyday. It is allowing him to feel valued.  To feel loved, and it encourages him to try new things, and stick to them - even when he stumbles.   He has always taken such pride in the things he accomplishes in life.  I remember when he just started stand on his own.  He would get half way up, and start applauding himself - because he knew it was a big deal.  He knew... and he was just as proud of himself as we were.  It helps him to focus, and to keep going.  Some might think that its because we praise him for his hard work, but i honestly think its because he feels it, and he knows he is awesome.  And that - is proof of a loving life.  Love your life, and make yourself proud.

(Todays post was fast ... Its thanksgiving... but I couldnt leave you all without a post - and I had to stick to my 31 for 21.
Thanks for reading <3 font="">

1 comment:

  1. You write so beautifully Michelle! I feel the exact same way about Russell and how he lives his life. He too would applaud himself when he stood up...And when he first started walking, I remember him stopping mid step to clap for himself. He knew he worked damn hard for those moments!

    Loved this post.

    ReplyDelete