Saturday, October 4, 2014

Thankful for Down Syndrome.

Today and everyday I am thankful.  God has blessed me with so many special things in life that I would be crazy not to realize how lucky I am to have the life i live.   Sure no one dreams of having a child with down syndrome, but i honestly and happily can say that is a huge reason why I am who I am today.  



I am thankful for... good health.  Even if we spend more than the 'average' amount of time at the doctors.  It proves to show how far research has come.


I am thankful for... the journey we are on, and the details that sharpen our views in this world.  To share it and raise awareness.  To be a someone for someone else; to take the fear away from a new parent. To be a resource for others to get educated on what it's really like.




I am thankful for...  therapists: who work hard and celebrate all the progress Lincoln is making. They have all the tricks it takes to bring out the best in what Lincoln is capable of doing. And he never fails to impress.



I am thankful for... How much he is included. Lincoln fits right in where ever we go.  The fact that he never looks twice when he goes to school, and how welcomed he feels the second he walks out of the car.  






I am thankful for...  Lincolns fans.  He is here to prove that life can be awesome.  He is such a caring, warm hearted, always knows when you need a hug type of awesome.  We are so glad to have you in this with us - to learn it all with me.

I am thankful for... the opportunity I have been blessed with to be a stay at home mom.  I get to be a part of this whole journey.


I know it’s not Thanksgiving yet, but it’s always good to reflect on things you’re thankful for. 





No comments:

Post a Comment