Wednesday, October 8, 2014

why i share...

Day 8 of 31 is upon us, and I'm not complaining (yet) because I have not been 'stuck' on what to write about. But as I was thinking about what to write about today, something came over me.  I have been so blessed by the positivity from my readers, that I figured I owed it to you, and to myself, to figure out WHY i share my story.  

I started this blog back in March of 2010 - the month we found out Lincoln has 3 copies of the 21st chromosome.  There was so much that went on in our lives that month that the easiest way to keep family and friends in touch - the most tearless way possible was to just write it down, and click share.  I was emotional, and that worked.  It took a while before I could say "Lincoln has Down Syndrome" without tearing up or getting a lump in my throat.  I don't know why, it just did.  

Blogging introduced me to the world.  It was a way to share the life I live and to create a view about the positive things that come with Down Syndrome.  It didn't matter how many readers I would have, I just wanted to open up my life to those on the outside. I have been beyond blessed by those who enjoy following us in our journey - so Thank You!!

My hopes in sharing our story was not only to share our joys and struggles, but to maybe change the views of a reader. I wanted to give you an insight. To share what goes on in our day to day lives. To have it out there for those who wanted to take the time to read it. To hope people would find some inspiration in my writing, and to  maybe even help someone find peace after a diagnosis.  To show them that they are not alone.

My purpose now, is to raise awareness, and to share what our life looks like.   It is to show you that Lincoln is just a person like the rest of us.  He has emotions and feelings, likes and dislikes, and that he has lots of people who love him.  

I continue to blog because people read it.  I have a passion for raising awareness and sharing our story, And I enjoy that passion!!     It educates me as I educate you. I write lines without knowing how it will end, and the thought that my words are making a difference brings me to a sense of accomplishment.

I share because I have a vision.  A vision of a future that has love and acceptance. I hope that by reading, I may be able to change your view too.





No comments:

Post a Comment