Thursday, October 30, 2014

Down syndrome Proud

Today I am brought here with happy tears, and although I could have said that every day,  today is different.  Today I got to experience something I will never forget.  
We will for surly be
framing this bad boy.

A moment that grandparents, cousins, and an aunt all got to witness with me.  Today is the day Lincoln got to walk up in front of the whole school to receive his academic award.   













I am proud because he was not shy and waved proudly when he spotted us in the crowd. I had immeasurable amounts of pride as we watched him proudly smile, and acknowledge he was awarded for being an amazing student.  
I'm so proud of who he is and what he has accomplished. I feel great waving back and showing the world that yes, HE IS MINE!!  And it doesn't stop there.  
It warms my heart knowing that Lincoln is included in everything that his school and class does.  He has friends who love him when he is there, and who also miss him when he is not.  He has value there.  His teachers work hand in hand with us, and it is obvious that he is making some serious strides - hence the award.  
I am happy he is my son, and that he shows me such wonderful things about life.    






Who would have thought, that this little guy who is 3'4" and 5.5 years old would make his family this proud.  He has worked so much harder than anyone else in his life already, and getting acknowledged for improving proves to show that he just wont to stop. 
Every single day I have more and more reasons to be proud of him.   Proud of the little guy who just because he doesn't speak clearly, know how to tie his shoes, or button his coat... yet he never gives up on trying.  He greets everyone with pride, and is just as proud of himself as he should be.  Congratulations Lincoln.  I feel blessed to have you as my son, and to be surrounded by awesome people who believe in, and don't underestimate YOU and all you have to offer.

Yes, It was costume day.  I bought Lincoln a new shirt for today, but I guess he wanted to be superman.  And what better day to be superman than today.  LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment